Current group members
Anand Yethiraj ayethiraj (at) mun.ca
Anas Alhasanat asalhasanat (at) mun.ca
Majid Bahraminasr mbahraminasr (at) mun.ca
Ph.D student with (joint with Josef Hamacek at the University of Orléans, France, and in collaboration with Francesco Piazza at the University of Florence, Italy)
kinetics of the extracellular matrix remodeling enzymes in crowding media
Electric fields and non-equilibrium self-assembly
Sina Heravi sabdolrahimp (at) mun.ca
M.Sc. student, joint with Valerie Booth
Macromolecular crowding effects in disordered proteins
Yanitza Trosel ydvta4 (at) mun.ca
PhD student, Co-supervised with Valerie Booth
Crowding study in disordered proteins
Shivani Semwal ssemwal (at) mun.ca
PhD (2022), Co-supervised with Ivan Saika-Voivod
T. R. Venketesh vthrithamara (at) mun.ca
Structure and dynamics of model crowders
Victor Borges [vlborges (at) mun.ca]
B.Sc. MUCEP student
Micro-electrophoresis of aqueous solutions
Harnoor Singh [harnoors (at) mun.ca]
B.Sc. MUCEP student
Python-based image analysis, dynamic difference microscopy
B.Sc. Honours student
Micro-electrophoresis of non-aqueous polymer solutions
Zachary Hoyles zkhoyles (at) mun.ca
B.Sc. MUCEP researcher
Dynamic difference microscopy
Spring 2021, Earth Day!
Group photos over the years
- Alfons van Blaaderen (Universiteit Utrecht)
- Valerie Booth (Biochemistry, MUN)
- Jure Dobnikar (Chinese Academy of Sciences, Insitute of Physics, Beijing)
- Saswati Ganguly (U. Konstanz)
- Shankar Ghosh (TIFR-Mumbai)
- Wens González-Viñas (U. Navarra)
- Josef Hamacek (Centre de Biophysique Moléculaire, Orléans)
- Priti Mohanty (KIIT-Bhubaneswar)
- Mike Morrow (Physics, MUN)
- Francesco Piazza (Centre de Biophysique Moléculaire, Orléans)
- Kris Poduska (MUN)
- Ivan Saika-Voivod (Physics, MUN)
- Peter Schurtenberger (Lund)
- Surajit Sengupta (TIFR-Hyderabad)
- Stefan Wallin (Physics, MUN)
- Arun Yethiraj (U. Wisconsin-Madison)
- Tatsuo Izawa, undergraduate researcher, M.Sc. (2015-2018), stability of salty foams. Currently a technician in experimental biophysics at Okinawa Institute of Science & Technology.
- Swomitra Palit, Graduate student, Ph.D. (2013 – 2018), macromolecular dynamics in confinement and in crowded environments. Postdoc at Dalhousie U. Now Research, development, and production manager at Alterbiota, bringing soft matter expertise to concrete.
- Somayeh Khajehpour Tadavani, Graduate student, Ph.D. (2012 – 2018), electrohydrodynamics in oil-in-oil emulsions, currently at Avalon Holographics.
- Suhad Sbeih, Graduate student, Ph.D. (2013 – 2018), macroscopic and microscopic dynamics of microgel colloids, joint with Mike Morrow, currently Assistant Professor at German Jordanian U.
- Haruki Hirasawa, undergraduate researcher and B.Sc. honours (2013 – 2016), rodlike colloids
- Zena Aljabal, Graduate student, M.Sc. (2013 – 2016), colloid electrokinetics, dielectric spectroscopy
- Payam Bagheri, Graduate student, M.Sc. (2011 – 2015), structure and dynamics in polycrystalline colloids, joint with Kris Poduska. Currently Analytics Manager at Dig Insights.
- Tatsuo Izawa, undergraduate researcher, honours (2013-2014), colloid electrokinetics.
- Raheema Muhammad Aslam, Visiting Ph.D. student (lab of W. González-Viñas) (2014)
- Tyler Downey, undergraduate researcher (Summer 2013)
- Corey Kelly, researcher (summer 2013). Currently doing his PhD at UBC)
- Edward Hayden, Graduate student, M.Sc., 2013. Currently instructional assistant at MUN
- Hugh Newman, Graduate student, M.Sc., 2013. Currently product expert at Verafin Inc.
- Suliman Barhoum, Graduate student, Ph.D. 2008 – 2012, Post-doc. at U. Penn. Current a medical physicist at Dayton Physician’s Network, Ohio.
- Ian Wilding, Undergraduate research, joint with Kris Poduska and Martin Plumer, 2011 – 2012.
- Matthew Seymour, Graduate student, joint with Kris Poduska and Martin Plumer,M.Sc., 2009 – 2011, PhD at McGill. Currently a software engineer at Xanadu.
- Moorthi Pichumani, Visiting PhDt (Wenceslao González-Viñas Lab), U. Navarra, 2011 (currently Associate Professor at SREC (Coimbatore), India)
- Andrew Morrow, B.Sc. honours, joint with Erika Merschrod, 2010 – 2011.
- Michael Ducey, B.Sc. honours, joint with Mike Morrow, 2010 – 2011, currently in Medical School (MUN).
- Matthew Mcdonald, Undergraduate research, joint with Luc Beaulieu (2010 – 2011), currently doing his PhD in China?
- Marek Bromberek, Postdoctoral researcher, joint with Ivan Saika-Voivod, 2009, currently Instructional Assistant at MUN.
- Edward Hayden, B.Sc. honours (2009 – 2010)
- Andrew Bartlett, B.Sc. honours, 2008 – 2010, currently Research Engineer at Avalon Holographics
- Danielle Leonard, Undergraduate research, 2009 – 2010, currently doing her PhD in Oxford.
- Maximiliano Giuliani, Visiting Ph.D. (lab of W. González-Viñas), 2009 (current post-doc. at Guelph)
- Corey Kelly, Undergraduate research (2008 – 2009)
- Amit Agarwal, Post-doctoral researcher, 2007 – 2008, currently Scientific Officer at DRDO (India)
- Hugh Newman, MUCEP and Summer undergraduate research (2007 – 2008)
- Manuel Valera, Post-doctoral researcher, joint with Ivan Saika-Voivod, 2008 (currently on faculty at Slippery Rock University)
- Kitty Kumar, M.Sc. (joint with K. Poduska), 2008 (currently post-doc at Harvard)
- Swomitra Palit, Graduate student, M.Sc., 2008
- Ning Li, M.Sc., 2006 – 2008, Ph.D. at Brandeis (currently Sr. Director, Data Science at AbleTo Inc.)
- Joshua Abeling, MUCEP undergraduate research, 2007 – 2008.
- Gregory Morrow, MUCEP undergraduate research, 2007.
- Joe Fitzgerald, NSERC Summer and MUCEP researcher, 2006. Currently a postdoctoral researcher at Caltech.
- Cristina Arcos Martinez, Visiting graduate student, 2006, from the group of Wenceslao González-Viñas